Wonderful deadstock 1970s bikini, unworn with original tags. Brand is Solar, made in Austria of Lycra (80% Nylon / 20% Elastic). SIZE M, chest to 38 inches (97 cm). Small triangle bikini top ties around neck and fastens around back of chest with covered elastic and a small metal clasp, unlined. Small bikini bottoms have covered elastic around waist and leg openings. Crotch lined with soft white fabric. Small goldtone metal sun logo above leg. Fabric tag inside reads 'Solar, Made in Austria, 44.' ***Photos taken with and without flash***
SIZE: Vintage German size 44, today more like a Medium. Approximate measurements:
Chest to 38 inches (97 cm)
Width around bottom strap to 30 inches (77 cm)
Width across inside of each cup 8.5 inches (21.5 cm)
I estimate a B cup
Waist unstretched 26 inches (66 cm), should stretch to about 30 inches (76 cm)
Hips to 38 inches (97 cm)
Length down side 4 inches (10 cm)
Length down center 9.5 inches (24 cm)
Ships from Germany via Economy Air. Please note that if you are overseas, your order may take several weeks to reach you
Check my other listings for other great vintage treasures from both sides of the Atlantic
Please read my Shop Policies before ordering. I am happy to answer any questions you may have. Thanks for looking!
For extrajudicial settlements of consumer disputes, the European Union has launched an online platform ("ODR platform"):https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr
Payment must be made immediately, at time of purchase.
-Regular PayPal (shipping to verified addresses ONLY), no e-checks please.
-Etsy Direct Checkout (accepts major credit cards and other payment methods)
-Etsy Gift Certificate
If you would like to put an item on HOLD, please contact me and at my discretion, I will hold it for up to 3 days. This is not always possible if items are listed on multiple platforms.
SHIPPING METHODS AND LOCATIONS
Worldwide (with some exceptions), from Hannover Germany. Most items ship via Deutsche Post Warensendung, with tracking.
Heavier or higher-value items may be shipped via DHL.
Express shipping options are available, please contact me BEFORE purchasing if you need this.
Please expect longer shipping times to the US / countries outside the EU during peak times such as Christmas. During the holidays it can take more than a month for a package to reach the West Coast of the US.
ORDER PROCESSING TIME
Orders will be shipped as soon as possible, within 3 business days of purchase unless otherwise stated. If I am out of town on a buying trip, I may extend my processing times appropriately.
BUYERS OUTSIDE THE EU
You are responsible for paying any customs-related duties or taxes related to your package. I cannot misrepresent customs forms as "gifts" or anything else, as this is illegal. Please be aware of the rules, regulations and fees for your country, as I am unable to accept returns due to high customs duties and fees.
It is the buyer's responsibility to make sure Etsy has the current and correct shipping address on file. PLEASE make sure your Etsy shipping address is correct. I am not responsible for packages shipped to an incorrect address due to buyer error.
REFUND OF EXCESS SHIPPING CHARGES
It can be hard to estimate shipping charges for multiple items, due to the cutoff weights for the various shipping options. If you have overpaid by more than a dollar or two, I will refund the excess via etsy.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
All sales are FINAL, unless I have badly misrepresented an item.
The exception to this is sales to buyers located in the EU. Since I am based in Germany, I must follow the EU's Distance Selling Regulations, which give a buyer 14 days from the time they receive the item, to return it. These rules also stipulate that the buyer's original shipping cost must be refunded. The cost of return shipping will not be refunded in most cases.
Shipping cost for items returned to me as Unclaimed or Undeliverable will NOT be refunded.
Please check the listed measurements very carefully and ask questions if you are not sure if an item will fit you or not, if the color is what you expect, about condition, or anything else, I am happy to answer as soon as I can.
Please let me know if it appears I have made a mistake in the listing or description. In case of misdescribed, damaged or missing items, I will work with you to find a solution.
If your package is shown on tracking as "delivered" and you have not received it, please contact me ASAP. I will give you the info needed to research your package. Most postal systems take mail theft very seriously!
Vintage clothing is gorgeous, wonderful, interesting and fabulous. It is also, well, VINTAGE, meaning at least 20 years old. I will do my best to describe any flaws I see, but please do not expect these items to be comparable to modern, brand new items.
SIZING AND MEASUREMENTS
Please keep in mind that sizes on vintage items run much smaller than today's sizes - so a vintage size 14 is much smaller than a modern 14.
I measure all clothing laid flat, with up to an inch of 'ease' included:
Bust: From armpit to armpit x2
Waist: From smallest point x2
Hips: From widest point x2
Length: From top of shoulder to end
Sleeve: From shoulder seam to end
Shoulder: From seam to seam across back
Please measure an item in your wardrobe that fits you well, and compare with the listed measurements of an item if you are not sure it will fit.
Most items are sold as I found them. I prefer to leave any washing or dry-cleaning up to the discretion of the new owner. Any information about dirt, damage, odor, etc. will be in the item's listing but please ask if anything is unclear.
I will provide additional descriptions, measurements or even extra photos of my items on request and answer any questions you may have. (If I am out of town, I will get back to you as soon as I can). I really want you to be happy with your purchase, and to love and appreciate these things as much as I do. Thanks!
1. INFORMATION I COLLECT
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address and the details of the product that you’re ordering.
2. WHY I NEED YOUR INFORMATION & HOW I USE IT
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for a mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law;
3. INFORMATION SHARING & DISCLOSURE
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies (DHL, Deutsche Post, FedEx, etc). I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
- Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU. I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
4. YOUR RIGHTS
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Apart from exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
5. HOW TO CONTACT ME
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Kali Webb, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may email me at: galaxievintage7 [!at] gmail.com.
Alternately, you may write to me at:
Kali Webb, Angerstrasse 7, 30161 Hannover, Germany